New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Indesign / PDF color printing problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krissie

krissie is on a distinguished road

I have printed one color page out (from Acrobat Pro 9.4 also Indesign CS4) but the color came out very pale. Later I opened and printed the file in photoshop and the color came out fine.

So what is wrong with the PDF file? How do I change the print quality setting on mac? I need to print 20 pages out... so I must print in pdf...

am using HP deskjet F370

Please help
QUOTE Thanks
bgardner510

bgardner510 is on a distinguished road

When you print directly from InDesign, When you go to print, under the output tab, what is your color drop down menu set to?

When you go to export your PDF, under the output tab, what is your color conversion tab set to?

I work in the commercial printing business and can probably help you figure it out
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

If the file looks fine on screen, make sure you are using the color profile for that printer when printing from InDesign or Acrobat

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
carsonandstella

carsonandstella is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: older ipod, ipod touches 3 &4, older imac, imac 19 inch osx. love them all.

OHH!!! i am NOT an expert at all. But i had this happen for a few months. Indesign files were not printing at 100% of their values on my inkjet. they printed fine at the BIG PRINTER, but not on my hardware.

I posted several times on the adobe forums, heard lots of tricks, but ultimately it was the upgrade of my software for my new hardware that helped.

i was using a version of cs2 on my new imac osx when this happened.

i upgraded to cs5 a few months ago, and no longer have problems. Its been AWESOME with cs5. So, the only thing i can suggest is upgrading your software, or hardware. NOT sure this helps, but please know that i was very frustrated for a long time about this and tried lots of tricks getting around it. some worked. some didnt. but they all took time.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« please help frustrated | Is fast glass with image stabalizing redundant? »