New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

photobook vs scrapbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hackwire

hackwire is on a distinguished road

Well, these two words very confusing to me. What is their different?

Photobook Software - Aperture,Iphoto,Ulead etc
Scrapbook Software - Memory Suite, Scrapbook Factory , Hallmark, Broderbund etc.

Can anyone tell the difference between these two , the pro and the cons? I see no difference in them but i must say scrapbook seems to have more clip arts, background template etc. and mostly can be purchase online and DIY at home but photobook company does not allow DIY at home.

Is it the output that make them different? If i just want to use something simple at home and print it myself . DIY from A-Z which software has the strongest features, speed, good interface, output that one can just do it at home without have to use any of the commercial software and printers?

Im thinking of a few scrapbook software like memory suite etc.
Mac Scrapbooking 2011 - TopTenREVIEWS

But before i make any purchase of any scrapbook , i just want to know if there's any photobook software that is able to compete with DIY scrapbook in the market right now.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Scrapbooks - cheezy, but good for cheezy subjects like baby pictures. IMO.

Photobooks - more serious, professional-looking presentation of subjects.
QUOTE Thanks
LelandJLK

LelandJLK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram

Scrapbooks just tend to be more informal and less professional. Honestly, it is just a personal preference of how you want to show/present your pictures.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trouble Printing Multiple Images with a Black Background | I have lost my Adobe Acrobat pro 9? »