New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photoshop Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PBG4MAN

PBG4MAN is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM20" iMac: 2.16 gHZ; 1GB RAM; 250 Gigz

OK, this is weird. Every time I try to fill an image with black, I get little white specks in it. instead of being black, it looks like a starry night. (The images are about 500x500 (pixels), with 8 bit RGB color and transparent background. See attached example.

any ideas why this is happening??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image 1.jpg (103.0 KB, 21 views)

:mac: Don't forget to think. Differently. :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

is that starting fresh with a new document... or could it be like that becuase of a poorly erased surface before you filled the area.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
PBG4MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
is that starting fresh with a new document... or could it be like that becuase of a poorly erased surface before you filled the area.
Its a brand new document. thats what makes it so strange....

QUOTE Thanks
Tel

Have you made sure that the pain bucket is set to 'fill: foreground,' and not 'fill: pattern?' If so, try opening the document, press D, press command + A, press G, make sure its set to foreground, put a tolerance of 255 and tell us if it still happens.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Tel seems to have a good solution for your problem, but if all else fails, try deleting the pref file for Photoshop. If you don't have photoshop cs, the pref file should be in the around the same area as this directory: /user/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS Settings.psp
QUOTE Thanks
fatalbert

Try covering your mouth when you sneeze. This works for me. :doctor:
QUOTE Thanks
PBG4MAN

Thanks for your help guys. Actually, turns out that the opacity settings on my "fill" dialog box were clicked down a bit, so that was causing the problem. But I appreciate the help.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« illustrator | iPhoto burning disc help... »