Thread: Passport Photo

Specs:
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter
    Passport Photo
    Forgive me if there is a place to find this info, I searched and could not find a thread on it.
    I'm a newbie to mac but computer literate. I have a picture in I-Photo that I wish to print as a passport photo. when I go to print it my options are 2x3 (the smallest) and I need it to be 2X2. Is there anyway to make this happen other than burning on a disc and taking it to a photo place to print? Can I use one of those photo machines in walmart and put the cd in and print a 2x2 pic.??????Thanks for any help, JM

Passport photos have to be a very specific size and specific background. I would recommend that you spend the ten dollars or so and get them done at a local Walgreens or CVS. I have seen many requests rejected because of bad photos.

I highly recommend you read this, especially the last paragraph...

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html

Specs:
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter
    Thank you deflake, I have done the research and am aware of the specfics and background. The photo I have matches all of the requirements. I am just not able to set up Iphoto to print 2x2 photo, that was the request on the thread....Am I able to do this was the OP, and how to set up to print the 2x2........If It is not able to be done on Iphoto I will go to somewhere and have it done. The photo I have meets the requirements, I just cant figure out how to print the correct size and that is what I was asking.......

You will need to print the photo out so that your face is 2 x 2. This means that the photo can be blown up or reduced to make that happen. Simply print it out and cut it to 2 x 2. Your home printer won't be a good enough quality to get a passport. I have seen them rejected because of this which is why I recommended what I did. I have done this a few times.

Also, you will need something to crop and resize the photo. I use Gimp to do this as it is free, but you could use Photoshop. IPhoto doesn't really let you manipulate the file all that well.

Specs:
    Thanks for all the info, I do appreciate my friend......It is not for a US Passport but a passport photo is required, the feds and state know me but my picture on my permit does not look like me know, I'm gettin old......G30

LOL, don't we all. I hope that some of it helps out a bit.

Thread Information