New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Passport Photo

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

G30

G30 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter

Forgive me if there is a place to find this info, I searched and could not find a thread on it.
I'm a newbie to mac but computer literate. I have a picture in I-Photo that I wish to print as a passport photo. when I go to print it my options are 2x3 (the smallest) and I need it to be 2X2. Is there anyway to make this happen other than burning on a disc and taking it to a photo place to print? Can I use one of those photo machines in walmart and put the cd in and print a 2x2 pic.??????Thanks for any help, JM
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

Passport photos have to be a very specific size and specific background. I would recommend that you spend the ten dollars or so and get them done at a local Walgreens or CVS. I have seen many requests rejected because of bad photos.

I highly recommend you read this, especially the last paragraph...

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html
QUOTE Thanks
G30

Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 160GB HD 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Snow Leopard OSX 20" FS Moniter

Thank you deflake, I have done the research and am aware of the specfics and background. The photo I have matches all of the requirements. I am just not able to set up Iphoto to print 2x2 photo, that was the request on the thread....Am I able to do this was the OP, and how to set up to print the 2x2........If It is not able to be done on Iphoto I will go to somewhere and have it done. The photo I have meets the requirements, I just cant figure out how to print the correct size and that is what I was asking.......
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

You will need to print the photo out so that your face is 2 x 2. This means that the photo can be blown up or reduced to make that happen. Simply print it out and cut it to 2 x 2. Your home printer won't be a good enough quality to get a passport. I have seen them rejected because of this which is why I recommended what I did. I have done this a few times.
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

Also, you will need something to crop and resize the photo. I use Gimp to do this as it is free, but you could use Photoshop. IPhoto doesn't really let you manipulate the file all that well.
QUOTE Thanks
G30

Thanks for all the info, I do appreciate my friend......It is not for a US Passport but a passport photo is required, the feds and state know me but my picture on my permit does not look like me know, I'm gettin old......G30
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

LOL, don't we all. I hope that some of it helps out a bit.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Vandalsquad Alphamania Xtra | MBP, External Display, and Calibration »