New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

2009 iMac Graphics Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox is on a distinguished road

Ok, I've been searching around for a while now but I need a specific answer for my question so here it goes...
I bought a 2009 21.5" iMac this Nov with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics card

now i know its not "meant" for gaming and I'm by no means a hardcore gamer, but I would like the opportunity to play games
now could I run games like BF Bad Company 2 when it comes out? or am I screwed?
and i know mac's are almost totally un-upgradable but there must be some way of boosting my graphics capabilities a little?

open to all answers unless you are going to bash my question hahah
thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
MacKeeper

MacKeeper is on a distinguished road

The NVIDIA 9400M which was fitted in the starter levels of 2009 iMacs is unfortunately not fit for demanding gaming. With core frequency of 450 MHz (Shader units 1100 MHz) and 16 unfified conveyers it supports OpenGL 2.1, HDR, NVIDIA® Hybrid SLI®, NVIDIA PowerMizer®, NVIDIA PureVideo.
All of this was cool at the time of the release and was a direct competitor for ATI Radeon HD3200 integrated chipset solutions, but unfortunately it was not enough to run max settings even on the titles of 2009.
BF Bad company 2 will most likely not run well on it on settings anywhere higher then medium, and you might have to scale the resolution down a bit to achieve normal fps even with that.
QUOTE Thanks
TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox is on a distinguished road

thank you!
finally a specific answer!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to show clients my screen live | Automator script graphic watermark »