New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Viewing And Deleting Images

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

warriorsoul7

warriorsoul7 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I take photo's of Motocross events, Every weekend i take in excess of 2000 photo's, I have only just purchased my imac, when i used to upload the images on my pc i would view them and if they were out of focus i could hit the delete key and move on to the next, i dont seem to have a dedicated delete key on my new keyboard, I have got 1782 photo's to go through, I started to go through them in 'preview' but i needed to press the space bar to zoom in then zoom out right click and move to trash if i wanted to delete, this will take me hours doing it this way.
Can someone please advise the best and fastest way to view and delete photo's on my imac please.
Appreciate your advice as i have quite a few photo's to go through.
QUOTE Thanks
nabl

nabl has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork 09

Your best bet is likely to work with iPhoto, a program specifically designed to work with bunches of photos (or, if you're really serious, check out Apple Aperture or Adobe Photoshop Lightroom). Check out some of the tutorials Apple provides for iPhoto to get a feel for it.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 13in macbook - 10.10.1

Or for something simple (and free) you could use Download Phoenix Slides for Mac - Image browsing/slideshow application. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads
QUOTE Thanks
nabl

nabl has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork 09

I guess I should have mentioned that iPhoto is already on your Mac from when you bought it. You don't have to purchase anything; just look in your Applications folder.
QUOTE Thanks
warriorsoul7

warriorsoul7 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Guys, In the end i used Picasa as it lets me use the backward button as a delete button, I can browse them quicker then delete if need be.

Thanks for the advice will give iphoto a go though.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

I'm a bit late to this party, but if you're looking for something that allows you to view and delete pictures VERY rapidly (and has powerful batch commands as well), you may want to take a look at my sig. Even in beta this thing kicks butt in these regards.
QUOTE Thanks
daphne

daphne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I'm a bit late to this party, but if you're looking for something that allows you to view and delete pictures VERY rapidly (and has powerful batch commands as well), you may want to take a look at my sig. Even in beta this thing kicks butt in these regards.
spammmmmmmmmmmmm
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« customie toolbar | help... first mac.. ram or processor?? »