New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

How to import HD movies from SD Card to imovie?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PINOY_E90

PINOY_E90 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

i have panasonic HD camcorder, it records to SD card.
How can i import movies from SDCARD to imovie without connecting the camcorder to the imac?

The folders in the sd card are

DCIM
MISC
PRIVATE

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Since we don't know your mac specs I have to ask...does your Mac have an SD slot ?

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
PINOY_E90

PINOY_E90 is on a distinguished road

yes, my mac has sd slot, i just got it last year... it is running OS 10.6.3
QUOTE Thanks
Corbab

Corbab will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4

I believe that if you connect your SD card or your camera itself, you can slide the capture/edit slider (not the real name, I know) to capture and your camera should appear as a source.

Just a stupid kid with a computer, so take my advice with a grain of salt if that makes a difference to you.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I shoot HD video on my Pana Lumix FZ28 and import automatically into iPhoto from the SD card. From there I can import to iMovie, or skip that and import directly into iMovie from the card. You just have to pick the resolution and format you want to import it as.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switching projects from one library to another in Aperture | Photographer new to Mac Need Adivice »