New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Desktop background pic pic question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

burgeon

burgeon is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I set a picture as a desktop pic a long time ago, but now I can't seem to find it in my files (other than the giant image on my desktop). Is there anywhere to find the exact file that is being used for the desKtop image? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

Have you checked your Pictures library, or opened up iPhoto to see if happened to end up there? It is also possible it may have ended up in the Trash. If you've emptied the Trash, you may have to dig up the photo elsewhere, such as the internet or a camera (depending on where you got it). Also, have you opened up the Desktop Background settings from System Preferences and checked to see if it was in any of the folders below the standard Apple folders?

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.5
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB4
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

In preferences you will have the file name next to the image on your Background.
Type that name into spotlight and should bring it up.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
martyp

martyp is a jewel in the roughmartyp is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 5K, MBP 15" Retina, iPhone 6 128Gb, iPad Air 128Gb

As tatooedmac suggested do a search for the file on your Mac and no doubt spotlight fill track it down for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotkin View Post
i think your computer have entered some virus. this cause are not working properly you just try start the computer and click start the option and click in desktop and my document if they are not work proper then after you will have to do format your computer
Huh?
QUOTE Thanks
ace.13unibody

ace.13unibody is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotkin View Post
i think your computer have entered some virus. this cause are not working properly you just try start the computer and click start the option and click in desktop and my document if they are not work proper then after you will have to do format your computer
Ahh yes very interesting , maybe someone else has a virus.....
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Dear "Kotkin":

Uh, no.

Thanks for playing! Bye!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transferring photos from memory card | Automator and Noise Ninja »