New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Email image directly from finder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sam joyce

sam joyce is an unknown at this point

Is there a way to be able to select an image to email to someone from finder, I have to send pix all day and was wondering when I go to find the pic to send if I can carry out an command to attach it straight to an email. Many thanks, sam
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

You could try building a workflow in Automator. If u google it you may even find someone has already done a workflow for Automator.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

here is an automator app that will do that
Attached Files
File Type: zip send to mail.zip (245.7 KB, 0 views)

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

open the new email and drag and drop the picture in to the body

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Don't even need to open a new email.

Find the pic in Finder, then just drag and drop it onto the Mail icon in the Dock.
It'll automatically open a new message window with your pic ready for you to add an address.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

Yep, Bob's suggestion is the best one...

QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Don't even need to open a new email.

Find the pic in Finder, then just drag and drop it onto the Mail icon in the Dock.
It'll automatically open a new message window with your pic ready for you to add an address.
Okay that is cool. . . that makes life a lot easier

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Just to add to Bob's correct answer, lots of other programs work like that on the Mac.

For example, you can drag a scanned photo on the desktop directly to iPhoto's icon in the dock. It will open and import the photo.

You can drag a vcard directly onto Address Book too. I even put an alias of my printer in the dock, and now I can drag PDFs directly onto it and they will start printing without opening any program.
QUOTE Thanks
sam joyce

sam joyce is an unknown at this point

Should have mentioned Im using hotmail, can I set up this system using this?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam joyce View Post
Should have mentioned Im using hotmail, can I set up this system using this?
In a browser?

So you want a button in Finder that will:

Open your browser of choice
Go to hotmail
Auto input your hotmail login
Open the new message window in the browser
Then import a file from Finder

That about it?

???? - Not saying it can't be done, but good luck finding something like that.

It'd be much easier to set up your hotmail account in Mail. I hear that can be done again.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photo Transfer From iPod to iPhoto | 3D (stereoscopic) image software »