New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Thumbnailed Pictures

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BurntSmore

BurntSmore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM

Okay here's my problem, I LOVE taking pictures which I end up storing on my computer. When I have my Mac let me see a preview of the picture on its icon, it sometimes takes a pretty long time to load. Is there a way to make it faster for the images to load? Thanks! :biohazard

EDIT: Is there also a way to keep the icons loaded so it won't need to reload every time I restart my Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
MAC-simus

MAC-simus has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2GHz C2D macbook

make them smaller
I'm just kidding
bigger the file is, longer it takes. can't really change it. also depends on the file type. JPG and PDF are fastest
QUOTE Thanks
solidstalin

solidstalin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntSmore
Okay here's my problem, I LOVE taking pictures which I end up storing on my computer. When I have my Mac let me see a preview of the picture on its icon, it sometimes takes a pretty long time to load. Is there a way to make it faster for the images to load? Thanks! :biohazard

EDIT: Is there also a way to keep the icons loaded so it won't need to reload every time I restart my Mac?
Use Quickimage and Viewitlite
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I have noticed at times the image doesn't begin loading immediately, when this happens, hit command on your kb, it starts it loading.
QUOTE Thanks
zakatov

You can also use something like CocoThumbX to generate thumbnails and they appear instantaneously in finder.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sony DCR_HC90 and G5 My mac can not see the camera | Desktop picture question »