New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Add text to a photo in iPhoto?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

badmojo

I have some digital pictures that I want to apply text to, not just label. iPhoto '04 doesn't seem to have a mechanism to do this, unless I'm missing something.

Does anyone know if iPhoto '05 let's you do this? If not, what would be a simple and inexpensive photo editing software for mac? Thanks in advance.

:black:
QUOTE Thanks
vtupser

If you dont want to shell out the cash for PhotoShop (probably your best bet for putting on text and image manipulation) you can download Gimp which is free. The only thing is you need is X11 installed on your computer to use it.
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtupser
If you dont want to shell out the cash for PhotoShop (probably your best bet for putting on text and image manipulation) you can download Gimp which is free. The only thing is you need is X11 installed on your computer to use it.
Thanks, I'll try it.
QUOTE Thanks
Erudite.Warrior

Erudite.Warrior has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD

You can also use OmniGraffle (in applications). This came as installed software on my PowerBook G4. Works great. Import the picture, add your text, export as jpeg and then import back into iPhoto. That is what I used to make my signature image.
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Update: In case anyone gives a da*n, I found a program called Live Quartz (http://www.livequartz.com/) and it's a perfect complement to iPhoto. You can do simple photo touchup, add text, create layers, etc. Check it out.
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

Graphic converter does this and more..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ProShow GOLD Clone 4 Mac??? | Updating Adobe Creative Suite 1... »