New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Problem publishing Mac projector files from CS4 Flash

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

$tressedEric

$tressedEric is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66GHz Intel Xeon | 3GB RAMM | OSX10.6 | Adobe CS4

Hi

I have Mac Pro OSX 10.58 - CS 4 Creative Suite

I have been using Flash to produce projector files totally fine for months. However, today when I publish a Mac projector file I have come across a problem. Flash publishes a .app projector file OK, but, when I open it, it appears in the dock as if it were open but I don't see anything.

Any projector files I produced prior to today still play fine. But any projector files I have created today have the previously mentioned problem. I have tried creating a totally new FLA and publishing from that incase it was the FLA I was publishing from was to blame - same problem.

I have reinstalled Flash, but the error persists.

Today I also installed new software. I installed the Developer tools because I wanted to use PackageMaker. I also installed Xray. I have removed Xray incase that was at fault - but the problem still persists.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? or got a possible answer?

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I'm in the middle of a project that requires me to use Flash.

NB: SWF files published work fine.

Thank you

$Eric
QUOTE Thanks
lukerenn

lukerenn is on a distinguished road

$tressed Eric, did you ever find a solution? I'm experiencing the same problem and haven't had any luck so far.

Thanks,
Luke
QUOTE Thanks
harryvermeulen

harryvermeulen is on a distinguished road

Sorry to kick this old topic up again, but I'm having the exact same problem since today

Does anyone know a solution? When I look inside the .app contents, the whole .swf file isn't even in there. tried to put it in there manually but that doesn't help.

Cheers,
Harry
QUOTE Thanks
visualife

visualife is on a distinguished road

guys,m I've just come across this same issue using Flash CS5.5 on a PC publishing for Mac.

the swf runs fine on the mac, the exe runs fine on windows but the .app launches with no errors but never shows.

Rich
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Managing 3 iOS devices and thousands of photos. Help! | Preview App - How to cycle through all photos in a folder »