Creating Business Cards
    I need to create some business cards. Any suggestions for the best MAC application for doing this?

Thanks!
    Paul

Specs:
    MacBook
    Pencil and paper to start.
    Draw out your design and layout.

Then, when you have things 90% of the way worked out, you can move on to the computer.

Illustrator is a good app for this, but almost any design app from the Adobe Creative suite could work.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

definitely illustrator. if you want to print from home, i suggest getting an avery template, but if this is a professional business, seek out a print shop :] oh, and if you want the whole card to be .. say.. orange, make sure to have a .25 bleed on it. A standard card is what, like 3.5 x 2? so make sure the doc is 4 x 2.5 with a quarter inch all the way around with crop marks. I don't know if you know a lick of what I just said, but when you take it to a print shop they might be able to assist you! good luck :]
    MAC G5 - LEOPARD 2X2.66 GHZ DUAL CORE INTEL XENON 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

ROCSTOR ROCPRO 850 - 1TB
    ROCSTOR AIRHAWK A9 - 500GB POCKET

Specs:
    iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
    Pencil and paper to start.
    Draw out your design and layout.

Then, when you have things 90% of the way worked out, you can move on to the computer.

Illustrator is a good app for this, but almost any design app from the Adobe Creative suite could work.
    I agree partly with this but I would sup Illustrator out for quark express, but that might just be my preference.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by angelica View Post
    For me, when it comes to everything layout it should be Illustrator or something similar to the program. I think it would be much easier to use without the different layers that Photoshop has..

Good luck with the project..
    Except Illustrator also uses layers, and has layers within layers.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
    i would use either illustrator or photoshop depending on if you are using pictures or not below is a template i use for the company i get my prints from and i believe them to be pretty standard. let me know if you have any questions

btw it you are all using text illustrator is your best bet if you have it in my opinion. but you can use photoshop no problems just be sure to set your image quality to resolution 300 pixel/inch and you are good.
    Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini

Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.11 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Are you determined to design and print your own? Do you know about Vistaprint? [no, this is not advertising and there's absolutely nothing in it for me.] Cards are free, and you get two pages of stick-on return address labels thrown in. You pay postage from point of printing and distribution (often somewhere in the EU).

Try: http://www.vistaprint.com/ and navigate your way around.

Until I learned about Vistaprint, I used to design my own cards with AppleWorks Drawing, and it did a very good job.

I just started working on business cards & stumbled upon this place for templates CLICKY (Not affiliated in ANYWAY!)

Been using Photoshop to do mine & have not had any probs with what ive been wanting to do. Dont forget you can always download Photoshop or illustrator for free from Adobe on a test trial period. Can say one thing, Photoshop IMO seems alot more user friendly & easier to use.

Thread Information