New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Really frustrated with saving an image off a web page?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

trellaine

trellaine is on a distinguished road

Before the update to snow leopard I use to be able to save any paricular image on a web page by using CTRL and right click. I window would pop up asking me where to save the image.

Since I have updated, I can't save any images! It looks like when i use that function it enlarges the image?

Can someone please tell me how I can save an image from a web page? I don't want the whole page just a particular image.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Just drag and drop the image onto the desktop.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
trellaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
Just drag and drop the image onto the desktop.
I am aware that I can but then i will have to shrink the size of the browser each time.
I found it extremely easy to just hover a web image then CTRL/right click/save as.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light

Okay just right click on the image and hit save as. Don't hit control.

It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
trellaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
Okay just right click on the image and hit save as. Don't hit control.
Nope, no can do. Nothing happens. i ended up shrinking the browser and dragging and dropping but geesh I dunno why I can't do what it and I always did before the update to leopard snow
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Go to System Preferences > Trackpad and make sure "For secondary clicks, place two fingers on the trackpad and then click the button" option is selected. Then try again.

It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Or you can always use expose...so you can drag the image to the desktop.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Is this type of behavior on all the webpages or only specific pages?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I have the bottom right corner of my screen set up as a "hot corner" that reveals the desktop. That way I can click and drag, hit the corner and then place the image on the desktop. Try it!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to make a Jpeg bigger | Arrange Files in Finder »