New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Problem with EOS 450D on Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wombat

wombat is on a distinguished road

I have upgraded my MacBook Pro to Snow Leopard, and my Canon EOS 450D is no longer recognised.

As soon as i plug in the USB cable, the camera flashes BUSY, as if it's connecting but then reverts to normal shooting mode, as if it's not connected at all.

I have tried everything to upgrading the camera firmware to installing EOS Utility for OS X. Of course the camera works fine on my other machine running Leopard.

If anyone has any sugestions, or is experiencing similar problem, please let me know. (Before I erase my HD and go back to Leopard)
QUOTE Thanks
Ekim

Ekim is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD

Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if they have any compatible drivers for the new OS? I am pretty sure they do not.. unfortunately you will probably have to revert back if you're looking to use your camera.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad new =/
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Have the same camera and would suggest not connecting your camera directly to the computer.

Get a SD/SDHC card reader if you don't have one already and use that. Seems to get much better transfer rate. Only connected my camera one time. You can pick up a card reader for $5-$20 max.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Ekim

Ekim is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Have the same camera and would suggest not connecting your camera directly to the computer.

Get a SD/SDHC card reader if you don't have one already and use that. Seems to get much better transfer rate. Only connected my camera one time. You can pick up a card reader for $5-$20 max.
:O
Deff didnt think of that... its friday what can i say. Good thing we got these super smart sexy moderators

^_^
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Here's one of the ones I'm using and it's only $0.98 + $1.95 shipping.

It reads my 4 & 8GB SDHC cards without issue.

(And fits in your camera bag a lot nicer than that cable also.)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
wombat

wombat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post

Thanks just got one in a shop around the corner, works great.
QUOTE Thanks
squoze

squoze is on a distinguished road

I have a Canon 450D too and thought that I had the same problem after upgrading to Snow Leopard. When the camera was plugged in via USB I got the "BUSY" screen and then back to the normal screen with no indication in iPhoto that the camera had been picked up. However, after 2-3 mins the camera appeared and imported okay. Tried again and the same thing happened but this time I spotted that the red activity light bottom right of the camera continued to flash after the busy screen changed. Once again about 2 mins later the camera appeared. So it may be that you just need to wait a while, certainly is a lot slower to pick up the camera than with Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
rbell

rbell is on a distinguished road

Hi there, just to let you know that eos450d is working perfect on leopard 10.6.

I opened iphoto then plugged the EOS450D into the computer and within seconds the EOS450D was recognized and my photo's within that same time gap was already on my computer. The other guy had it right!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need Help w/Photoshop cs4 & my new 27" imac | Different iPhoto? »