New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Can't view PDF text on Mac iBook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BrunoIam

BrunoIam is on a distinguished road

Hello!

I tried searching the forum, but I couldn't really find an answer. I hope someone can help me. Please, save the flaming about PC vs. Mac.

I have created a PDF in Adobe Photoshop CS 3 on a PC, and I sent it out via email to a bunch of people. Everyone that uses PC can view it fine and it looks great, but the people who use Mac can only see the graphic design (background, colors, frames etc) but no text. It is like the text is invisible or 100% transparent.

I was using the Century Gothic font, and then I tried changing to Arial. I'm using a PDF/X-1 standard and embedding all fonts (and even if I did, shouldn't it display a default font???).

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Bakkebo

Bakkebo is on a distinguished road

Hi. I have the same problem. I've had my MacBook for some years now, but recently every PDF I open, only have graphics and no text. I'll have to copy the text to a Word document and change the color there to black so I can read it. Anyone have a solution?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

The next time you open a PDF document, (assuming you're using Preview and not another application) go through the settings and preferences. Take a look at the font setting.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Are they using preview or adobe reader?

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mini_mi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakkebo View Post
Hi. I have the same problem. I've had my MacBook for some years now, but recently every PDF I open, only have graphics and no text. I'll have to copy the text to a Word document and change the color there to black so I can read it. Anyone have a solution?
You can download and install adobe reader or itext to read pdf's just fine. Preview which is built in should have no problems reading pdf's also.
QUOTE Thanks
zalia

zalia is on a distinguished road

I read this on a forum and worked for me:

Using Adobe Acrobat Pro, I exported the form using "Export Data" to a XML and then imported it back from XML-file with "Import Data". Those commands are under Forms/Manage Forms Data

This is the link to the post: Adobe Community: Invisible text in PDF form
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Issue when Printing from Illustrator CS5 | iphoto »