New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Thumbnail, but no file in iphoto ...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

I have a number of photo's in iphoto and i want to edit them. Problem is the thumbnail is there but there is no file as such of the photo.

I go the file info and the thumbnail brings up the specifics, then i goto find file and it isnt there. When i click on it, to edit it brings up a monstrous white i on black background.

Its obvious that the file has been deleted, so my question is ... is there anyway to re generate the thumbnail to produce another file/picture ???

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
frankmezz

frankmezz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21 inch

Bottom line. turn every drive you own on and see if that helps.

I started getting a similar problem when i changed my method of importing pictures. I used to import directly from the memory card in the camera, and have had no problems. I switched to dumping the memory card to an external drive first as a backup and importing from that folder. Once import was done and Time Machine did its magic i would format the memory card.

I then discovered that if i turn off the external drive with the BACKUP folder on it that i imported from I would get the big "I". I turn on the external drive and the all is well. I have no clue how iPhoto is structured but it sure seems like the main photos must be stored in multiple locations. But then, why do i have over 100gig library of iPhoto? I have 36,000+ digital pictures and still growing. i don't keep every shot either, only the better ones.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Creative Suite Longevity | Picture Project to iPhoto »