New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

ical any way to add clip-art

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

imissvickie

imissvickie is on a distinguished road

New imac owner here. I want to take a calender from ical and paste into a blank iwork pages document so I can add some clip art. Ical help has nothing for adding clip art images. Is there an easy way to do this without purchasing software like print shop? Have tried to export calender to desktop - no luck getting into pages. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Zigdog

Zigdog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD

do you have the knew version of pages?

I dont... but...
Export the calendar to your desktop,
rename it <what ever its name was before>.pages
open it... might work... just a suggestion!!
my computer tells me i need a newer version of pages to do it, i have the '08 version!!!
QUOTE Thanks
imissvickie

imissvickie is on a distinguished road

Zipdog - thanks for the try. I have pages 09, renamed calender as suggested to .pages then went to pages to open. Got error message - could not open, not correct format.

Anyone with a way to paste a calender from ical into a blank pages document where I could add some clipart??
QUOTE Thanks
Pomeroy

Pomeroy is a jewel in the roughPomeroy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by imissvickie View Post
Zipdog - thanks for the try. I have pages 09, renamed calender as suggested to .pages then went to pages to open. Got error message - could not open, not correct format.

Anyone with a way to paste a calender from ical into a blank pages document where I could add some clipart??
I don't think there is any way to add clip art directly to iCal, but you can do a screen shot of iCal and drop into Pages then add your clip art. Another and I think a better way would be to drop the screen shot into an image editor and then add your clip art. A good free one would be Seashore Seashore - About I tried it and it works good for what you want. Any good graphic editor you have that does layers and transparency.

If you don't know how to take a screen shot let me know

Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you.
If it's not, why embarrass him?'"
..: (Tom Clancy)
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

Drag out the calendar to the size you want. Then use command shift 4 and use the curser to draw around the calendar you want to use.
A picture will be on your desktop ready to insert into pages or a graphics application.

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Moving original folders in iPhoto | iPhoto - Ken Burns Effect, All or nothing? »