New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

My Mac doesn't recognize an image disc

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

camillatsmith

camillatsmith is on a distinguished road

I have a 2007 17" MacBook Pro and I am running Mac OS 10.5.7 (tiger)

I have professional photo's taken of my work and scanned onto cd roms. When I insert any of the cd's into my mac they came up as BLANK discs. This is not so, as I am able to see the images on the disc when using a Powerbook G4 and the local Photo lab is able to process the photo's from the discs.

A window appears on the desktop which says " you inserted a blank CD. Choose an action from the pop-up menu or click ignore." I chose 'iphoto' as my action, and the images do not appear in iphoto when I click OK.

I also changed the System Preferences for cd's, and my mac still thinks the cd's are BLANK!!!! When I open the disc on my desktop, it is completely blank and available for burning (which I haven't tried obviously)

Software Updates are all up to date.

Getting professional photo's of my work on disc is labor intensive and costly. So it is very frustrating that i am not able to view them on my Mac without the help of a friends Mac and a memory stick. I would be very grateful if someone out there has an answer for me so that I can simply view the images directly on my computer.

Thank you!!
QUOTE Thanks
CameraMike

CameraMike will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: BlackBook 13.3" 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD

The best and easiest thing to do would be barrow the USB drive and copy all the files to there. Then burn a new disc from the USB drive using your computer.

Whoever made that disc for you didn't close the disc properly probably and that is why it comes up as a blank CD. Though I am just guessing here.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I randomly lost the past 6 months photos on Iphoto | card reader issues »