New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Thumbnails -> Photos?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mersault

mersault is on a distinguished road

Hey all,

I just took a long vacation in Europe, and took lots of pictures. Each night I would upload them into iphoto (I have 6.0.6 on my Powerbook) and erase them from the camera.

One night when I did this, my camera battery shut down part of the way through, so I had to redo the upload the next day. All seemed to be well, though--some photos went through the "retrieval" process and I thought all of them were in there. So I proceeded to erase the originals from the camera, as per usual.

However, I now find that, though the thumbnails show up in my iphoto and I can see the images in miniature, I get a blank space (sometimes with an exclamation point in it) for all but those photos that were "retrieved" from that day. The computer claims that the original files are completely gone--but why then would I still have functioning thumbnails that I can see?

Is there any way I can get back these precious pictures? Or should I resign myself to blanks?
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

You might try a rebuild of your iPhoto library. The instructions are on the Apple site, but for some reason, I cannot get it to open (on a PC at work). Look on the apple site for "rebuild" and "iPhoto".

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
reneraven

reneraven is on a distinguished road

i'm wondering if you found out how to fix your problem.... my son and i took a trip, like you, and my photos disappeared...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersault View Post
Hey all,

I just took a long vacation in Europe, and took lots of pictures. Each night I would upload them into iphoto (I have 6.0.6 on my Powerbook) and erase them from the camera.

One night when I did this, my camera battery shut down part of the way through, so I had to redo the upload the next day. All seemed to be well, though--some photos went through the "retrieval" process and I thought all of them were in there. So I proceeded to erase the originals from the camera, as per usual.

However, I now find that, though the thumbnails show up in my iphoto and I can see the images in miniature, I get a blank space (sometimes with an exclamation point in it) for all but those photos that were "retrieved" from that day. The computer claims that the original files are completely gone--but why then would I still have functioning thumbnails that I can see?

Is there any way I can get back these precious pictures? Or should I resign myself to blanks?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« can you mask text with an image in iwork? | heavy pc user going mac »