New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

business cards

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

just wanted some comments

this set i just starting working on this week.
front

back

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
rocketman766

rocketman766 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g

I at first thought.... very bland. Then I read the definition and thought "there should be much more here for a graphic designer". BUT, it does make me wonder....what can they do? So, the definition on the card works. Overall, I like it. Just my $.02

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

It's really hard to critique this because it's meant for print design, and not meant to be viewed on a computer monitor.

I do agree that it is bland. You can have achromatic and still be interesting.

The things that bother me a bit is that your type is so close to the rule. You have huge amounts of negative space that it looks like a giant void. You want to fix that somehow.

I'm not against negative space, it just needs to be justified.

As a designer how are you going about your design process? I'm curious.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

i dont know why i put these up i dont like them myself. but i just put this together

i like this but i wanna see what crimson has to say about it.

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwannabe View Post
i dont know why i put these up i dont like them myself. but i just put this together

i like this but i wanna see what crimson has to say about it.
There are things that I like and dislike about it.

I will start with the logo. I like shapes. The white shape would look better just all one color. I like the red lines though leave that alone.

Why is there so much tracking going on in the lowerhalf? We are starting to loose the word.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

with the tracking i made it so the words would line up with each other. do you think i should center it?

and you like the first logo over the second

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Yeah I do like the first one better. ( Side note, how do those really sharp points look at a smaller size? Do they get lost? You might have to round them a little bit or something. )

Humm I think you should do something with the typography besides just centering it.

Your logo is asymmetrical so I would play with your type and try to mimic that.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

the back of the card (top) i still what to play with a bit but the front (bottom) i think is about finished

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

I think you are progressing along pretty well. I like the front. The watermark is very effective there. I can barely see it though so it might need adjusting when you go to print.

Screen and what you get from the print can be very different. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

yeah.. i wanna get a pantone swatch book so i can see all the colors .. then i wont have to adjust so much ..

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwannabe View Post
yeah.. i wanna get a pantone swatch book so i can see all the colors .. then i wont have to adjust so much ..
That's pretty much the best gift you can get a designer. They are kind of expensive.
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

i know have priced them out quite a few times.. about $300 and you can get a 5-6 book set. but i need to get my Mac first...lol

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photo image quality - difference | iPhoto 09 how to use »