New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

iPhoto / RAW - Duplicates?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lewwy

Lewwy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM

Hey guys,
quick question..

When I go out and take RAW photos on my camera, do I JUST have to drag the files from the memory card to iPhoto, or should I drag the folder in my Photo's (or wherever) folder aswell?

What im asking is, are my RAWs duplicated when I drag them into iPhoto?
QUOTE Thanks
kousik

kousik is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Model: Macbook; Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.4GHz); RAM: 2GB (DDR3); Video memory: 256MB

The pictures in your camera are stored in a the "Originals" folder within the iPhoto Library. The best way (I think!) to import, however, is to do the following from the menu
File>Import to Library and then browse to and select the folder containing the photos on the camera's memory card attached to your Mac, and hit Import. You don't need to select each of the individual photos if you want to import all them. After the import is successful the photos are copied to the "Originals" folder in the iPhoto Library on your Mac.

System specs: (1) 13" Macbook Aluminum Unibody (OSX 10.5.8, Darwin 9.8.0, Intel Core2 duo 2.4GHz, 2GB 1067MHz DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M) (2) Dell Inspiron 6000 (Intel Pentium M 1.8GHz, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM) -- triple booting with Puppy Linux 4.31, Kubuntu 9.10 and Windows XP Home.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where are my imported photos being saved? | 3D/animation freeware »