New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Converting pdf to doc or pages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iTone

iTone is on a distinguished road

I have a pdf that I want to attach to e-mails, but I want it embedded in the e-mail and not "attached". my thoughts are that I'll have to convert it to a word doc or pages doc. So this question is two fold:

a) is there a way to embed the pdf as it is? how?

b) if not, how do you convert a pdf into a doc or pages format?

thanks,

iTone - 17" MacBook Pro 2.4, Black MacBook 2.16, iPhone 3Gs
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

If you had acrobat professional, then you can export a PDF as a word doc.

If the PDF is just yext then you can copy and paste from Preview to word, if it has multi columns then use the alt key in Preview to select single columns

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
iTone

Actually I DO have acrobat pro. I didn't know it would do that though... haven't played with it much. I found the export option and sent it to Word Doc, but it's not even close to what the original pdf looks like... any ideas?

It appears it's as simple as clicking export and selecting word doc. just ain't workin'.

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

If you want to embed it in the email, your best bet is to just actually copy in the text itself..
Whether or not embedded documents will be displayed depends on the Mail client: OS X Mail for instance has no problem displaying PDFs inline, but won't do so for word documents. Windows mail clients may display word document, but definitely won't know what to do with a pages file.

Your best bet may actually be to just leave it as a PDF..
QUOTE Thanks
TinyQQ

TinyQQ is on a distinguished road

have a try on this:

Convert PDF to Word (DOC) — 100% Free!

free. I tried it before. great
QUOTE Thanks
iTone

the only problem with copy paste is that there is a lot of graphics on the pdf... and quite frankly Acrobat does a pretty crappy job at converting it... doesn't even get all the text.

as far as the Nitro PDF to Word application... it looks good and I'd like to try it however that link doesn't give me any way to download it... I've looked all over the page and clicked on a few links... no "download" option...

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

That's because PDF files are often more like images than they are structured Word documents. So, the conversion process is very limited to a "framework" that doesn't always fit. Your best bet would be to convert to Word and then adjust it as best as you can to look the way you want it to. There really aren't any other systematic ways to do this.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

copy and paste works. It may be old school, but it will get the job done. Just copy and paste the individual images and then format as nessessary

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
iTone

Never mind... I just realized that what I was looking at wasn't a "screen shot" of the program, but WAS the program... it's an online converter. my bad, lol. didn't work anyway... it's just not liking the graphics in it. and the text is all over the place. I'll just save it as a jpeg I guess... makes it slightly more blurry, but still readable. thanks for the help everyone.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« High-speed photography | My HDR failures... is it the camera? »