New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

How can I get a custom YouTube/Twitter/Last.FM logo?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rsherid

rsherid is infamous around these parts
Mac Specs: 13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.

I'm wondering how to make my own custom social network logo. By custom, I mean a logo that matches my site's color scheme. For an example, see this band's MySpace, where they have custom black and white iTunes/Amazon logos at the top of their page.
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

thats not custom buddy... they just made the logos black and white from what they originally were, as to not interfere with their own logo. one reason to do this is color draws your eye.. and since their logo is all b/w the yellow from the amazon logo would pull from that..

so if you want something like that just pull what you want from wherever you want and make it b/w. i would say most companies would not care if you changed there logo to b/w but where you start playing with other colors they might have something to say about it.

if you need some help though just pm me.

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

something like this..
this is Photoshop aka pixels

you could also do it in illustrator which would be better b/c it is all vector. and just live trace it.. it will be super clean then.. and not pixelation b/c it is vector

this is Illustrator aka vector (see how it is larger and still has crisp lines)

try to always do logos in vector .. it can be resized with out any problems

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
rsherid

rsherid is infamous around these parts
Mac Specs: 13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.

Wow, looks great. I'm gonna give it a try. Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
kpmedia

kpmedia is on a distinguished road

If this is for a serious business, consider paying an artist if this isn't your best skill -- it's not mine either. I see posts over at webhostingtalk.com (WHT) all the time, in the design offer/request forums, where artists do work pretty cheap. Almost too cheap, stupidly cheap, but it's their funeral. I might get one to help me with a logo this summer.

DVD Burning Problems? Learn which discs work best, and which are to be avoided, at digitalFAQ.com
Don't hate Windows. Just use Parallels! Best of both worlds!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Importing into iPhoto 09 | Help with choice of fisheye converter »