New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

trying to find a tripod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

i plan on getting a Kata 3n1 20 and the tripod holder that attaches to it.. but i cant seem to find a tripod that will fit in it. anyone have one in that size requirement?

i was also looking to the
MANFROTTO 190XDB TRIPOD WITH 390 RC2 FIXED HEAD...
Closed length: 25"
Minimum Height: 17.7"
Maximum Height: 61.4"
Capacity: 11 lbs
Wieght : 5 lbs

what are your thoughts on this type of tripod

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I have a bogen (manfrotto) 3001 series tripod (what became the 190 series I believe), with a 3 axis head. Nice tripod, pretty hard to beat.. but definitely heavier than my friends carbon fiber one

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

the 190 series is nice but i dont think it is small enough to carry around with the kata bag.

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

come on people..lol i know someone has to have a medium size tripod that will hold a D-SLR and that will attach to the Kata 3n1 20...

QUOTE Thanks
nikonjin

nikonjin is on a distinguished road

The prob with the 3N1-20 is the smallish pocket. Designed for monopod use, it will hold one leg of your tripod only. Not a problem as The straps midway on the bag will hold the tripod secure, but anything of weight and length will probably wear the pocket immaturely. I had a Feisol CT-3401 which worked pretty well. Nice carbon tripod that won't break the bank.

Very nice bag, btw, but watch out for dust in your bag. The zippers don't completely seal the bag.

15" Macbook Pro
Un-unibody

D700 and lenses
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with images transferred from Mac to PC | how to get the earth pic of the desktop »