New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Logo Feedback

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sholdzy

sholdzy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro 2GB

Hey guys,

I have been messing around with a logo for my freelance graphic design services, and think I have finally come up with something I can stick with. Tell me what you think. After I settle on a final design I'll end up redoing my portfolio to match it colour wise.

Be harsh, but be constructive.

Thanks,

Carson

Portfolio: Carson Shold Design
QUOTE Thanks
theplunketts

theplunketts is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 1.8GHz PowerPC G5, 2GB DDR SDRAM/(2) iPod 3gs 15&30GB/iPod Nano 4g 15GB/iPod Classic 6g 120GB

The design is clever. Have you tried it with more color like oranges and/or greens?

I wish I lived in a Technicolor world.
QUOTE Thanks
Duykur

Duykur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplunketts View Post
The design is clever. Have you tried it with more color like oranges and/or greens?
I agree that the font colors need to be brighter, but orange and green might not go with you theme. try lighter blues for the text.

SatTrack, DisasterAlert, HeadlineNow, SpaceWeather
Coming soon to the appstore!
Follow me on twitter!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I like it and also agree you need to make the text stand out more. Also "Design" doesn't seam to fit. I would play with the spacing to get the D moved over the the right a few pixels.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Colors like that blue and grey make it seem like you are Corp. I do agree with above posters about using a different color palette. Someone suggested green and orange because they seem to have more energy and go with a more youthful appeal. Play around with color, I usually have 100 color variations for one logo. Keep in mind that color sells and it also says a lot.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
sholdzy

sholdzy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro 2GB

I haven't changed the colours as of yet, but I did mess with the 'design' a little. I made it smaller and flushed it to the right, but I think lower case would work even better.

Here is a newer concept - http://carsonshold.com/images/logos2.jpg

And here is a 3d logo I had to do for a class - http://carsonshold.com/images/Final_1.mov

Portfolio: Carson Shold Design
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholdzy View Post
I haven't changed the colours as of yet, but I did mess with the 'design' a little. I made it smaller and flushed it to the right, but I think lower case would work even better.

Here is a newer concept - http://carsonshold.com/images/logos2.jpg

And here is a 3d logo I had to do for a class - http://carsonshold.com/images/Final_1.mov
Umm is there a particular reason why your logo is so large? I think if you play around with the size you can get the word design to fit better. The word design under your name is tracked way out too much and it's beginning to get hard to read.

The 2nd one seems a little odd because of the empty space on the bottom left.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

I think I'd make the logo the same height as the combined heights of the text, instead of that little bit bigger. It currently aligns with the bottom, but it'd be nice if it fit between the top and the bottom... I really like the darker colour, but I think the light blue could be a little more grey so it tones in.

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Font for MAC vs PC | Adobe Photoshop CS4 questions »