New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Looking for a new Photo Forum

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chrisburke

chrisburke is on a distinguished road

is this a legit photo forum with real photographers who offer CC and advice and things like this? I'm looking for a new photo forum because "thephotoforum.com" keeps banning me for no reason..

is this place what i'm looking for?
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

You could post here, but these forums don't seem to be as active as those at dcresource.com or dpreview.com.
QUOTE Thanks
chrisburke

thanks, i'll check out those mentioned
QUOTE Thanks
lilmill

lilmill is on a distinguished road

Canon Digital Photography Forums - Powered by vBulletin
photoSIG » Main

2.93 27inch imac with ssd+2tb,2.6 XPS720 vista64 8gig_17 2.6 MBP with 4gig and 200gig 7200 rpm_ATV 160 gig_iphone32gs_AEBS_1TB timecapsule,and drobofs
QUOTE Thanks
rocketman766

rocketman766 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g

check out Digital Grin Photography Forum - Powered by vBulletin

QUOTE Thanks
steve535

steve535 is on a distinguished road

the canon forum is a great web site, lots of talent and information. another one to try is PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photo Forum. Photocamel is good but way out of my league. Way to professional for me to post a lot of pictures.
QUOTE Thanks
carpenterken

carpenterken will become famous soon enough

Best one on the net.
fredmiranda.com: Specialized in Canon - Nikon SLR Cameras, Forum, Photoshop Plugins, Actions, Reviews, Hosting and Digital Darkroom
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I would recommend my forum, but to be honest, I don't see a forum banning anyone "for no reason". There has to be something.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
chrisburke

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I would recommend my forum, but to be honest, I don't see a forum banning anyone "for no reason". There has to be something.

your very right.. they banned me for being "too honest" with people.. they would post photos, i would tell them what was wrong with them, and they thought i was being to harsh... meanwhile, I was just trying to help people improve...
QUOTE Thanks
Phototini

Phototini will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU

Are you looking for a free forum or paid forum? I can give you a link to a paid forum that is excellent, but it costs 19.67 a month.
QUOTE Thanks
chrisburke

dont worry about it.. i found what i'm looking for... seems like a great community over at fredmiranda.com: Specialized in Canon - Nikon SLR Cameras, Forum, Photoshop Plugins, Actions, Reviews, Hosting and Digital Darkroom
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Actually, I remember the mods giving a completely different reason. Those lying, cheating, fatherless children.

why did i get banned this time? - The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum

Try MyCanikon

But it’s fairly small and laid back over there.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

FWIW, if you were talking about our members here the way you were over there, you wouldn't be on this forum very long either.

When you're shopping forums, your first stop should be the forum rules. The forum rules lay down the framework for the community. If you see things like "no profanity", "family friendly" and the like, chances are it's going to be highly moderated (much like this one is). With that said, there are plenty of forums that are much more laid back - perhaps that's what you need.

For the record, criticizing someone's work is fine and dandy handy here - provided that it's constructive and doesn't turn into a flame war. But to describe members as a "punk-*** kid" would certainly lead to a suspension here.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« what a beggar | How to make an avatar? »