New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

What site do you use to sell your photos?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dls10

dls10 is on a distinguished road

I am a new Mac user and have a photoreflect site to sell my photos, well the darkroom software does not come in Mac format, so I called them and they said they are a PC based site, so now I need to find a new site that is comparable to Photoreflect. Any suggestions????
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Stock photography, footage, rights: Corbis

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
rocketman766

rocketman766 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g

I use SmugMug Photo Sharing. Your photos look better here. to host and sell my photos. It is not a free site, but there is no spam or banner ads on your site. They have alot to offer. You can use your own domain name if you already have one too. My smugmug page is listed in my signature.

QUOTE Thanks
Phototini

Phototini will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman766 View Post
I use SmugMug Photo Sharing. Your photos look better here. to host and sell my photos. It is not a free site, but there is no spam or banner ads on your site. They have alot to offer. You can use your own domain name if you already have one too. My smugmug page is listed in my signature.
Just wanted to give you a heads up that you might want to make your logo/watermark MUCH larger on your smugmug photos. It is very easy to get those images and make prints. Most people aren't worried about small logos/watermarks and will still print them.
QUOTE Thanks
rocketman766

rocketman766 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17" Glossy 2.16 gHz/2gig/320g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototini View Post
Just wanted to give you a heads up that you might want to make your logo/watermark MUCH larger on your smugmug photos. It is very easy to get those images and make prints. Most people aren't worried about small logos/watermarks and will still print them.
Thank you for letting me know that. I will create a new one very soon. Info like this is always appreciated.

QUOTE Thanks
Phototini

Phototini will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman766 View Post
Thank you for letting me know that. I will create a new one very soon. Info like this is always appreciated.
No problem man, it is a serious problem when using online galleries these days. One reason I am still hesitant to put my website up, I think my plan is going to be that besides my personal stock photo's the only images of clients that will go up are ones that they have ordered prints of first.

But surprisingly my lack of a web presence has not been bad for business, yet anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
dls10

dls10 is on a distinguished road

Ok all I have found out that I can still use Photoreflect I just have to use Photo Publisher which is for Mac, it doesn't have many bells and whistles but it will still do the same thing.
Thank you all for the info.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How can i get French type? | Speeding up animation in CS3 »