Thread: tripods

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
    tripods
    whats a good tripod brand to by for a beginner photographer such as myself. i need one that is under 19" when all closed up?
    Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
    I use a dynex tripod, it was very cheap but what the ****.... it does the job. If you don't mind spending money, go with bogen.
    Flickr

Last.fm
    Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMac View Post
    I use a dynex tripod, it was very cheap but what the ****.... it does the job. If you don't mind spending money, go with bogen.
    hahaha funny you speak of dynex, i work for best buy and dynex is a best buy brand. i would never buy a best buy brand product. but you say it is good huh?

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
    Quote Originally Posted by macwannabe View Post
    hahaha funny you speak of dynex, i work for best buy and dynex is a best buy brand. i would never buy a best buy brand product. but you say it is good huh?
    Yep. It keeps the camera steady. You don't need a built in TV with your tripod.
    Flickr

Last.fm
    Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.

I also have the dynex tripod from best buys. yes it is a cheep tripod but it dose work. Mine is in the water a lot so I didn't want to but an expensive one. If your shooting around the yard or for landscape shots its fine. I even used it a couple of times to hold a laser level at work.

Specs:
    awesome then.. i get dynex for crazy cheap prices.. since i am an employee it is 5% over what cost is and b/c it is a Best Buy brand it will probably be like 10 bucks... lol

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina, iPhone, iPad Air, wife's iMac, iPad Retina & MacBook
    Depends on the weight and size of your photo gear (camera and lenses if you have SLR). Got a 'cheap' one as a present. Did not work for my camera, as it could not hold it in 'trickier' positions, so I traded it in. Get something better (usually = more expensive), like Manfrotto, if you plan to get more serious.

Thread Information