New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Pictures become brighter when saved?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Got_Vtec?

Got_Vtec? is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone I 'am new to the forums so I hope that I am posting this in the right area. Well I am new to the whole mac world, so the first thing I did to my mac was calibrate the display, now for some reason when I find a picture online and I set it as my background, the picture get really bright from what the original looked like, same thing when I do screen shots. Does anyone know why or how to fix it?....I was thinking maybe it is something I did when calibrating the display?

Again I apologize if this is in the wrong section.
QUOTE Thanks
Got_Vtec?

No one knows at all??
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

what browser are you using

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Got_Vtec?

Lou- I am using Mozilla Firefox

xingles- so are you saying that if could be the file type?....I will try CorelDRAW to convert it and see how that works.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Firefox didn't / doesn't always respect embedded image colour profiles correctly, so photos with embedded profiles will display differently in firefox than in applications that do respect colour profiles, such as Safari, Preview and Photoshop.

Check out this blog entry for more information and make sure you're using a version of Firefox that supports profiles:
Color profiles turned on for Firefox 3.1 - Mozilla Links
QUOTE Thanks
Phototini

Phototini will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU

You need to make sure you are saving your files using the sRGB color space for viewing on the web. If you use aRGB the colors will be off in every browser.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recomendations - Image Suite | Sorting photos by years,month and dates »