New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Desiree

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

This is a nice little accident from the Strobist meet we had in MD this weekend.

I ended up firing the camera as I was bringing it down and the Vivitar didn't fire since it didn't have time to recharge so the only thing firing was a 580EX II, with a small set of barn doors on it from high and to the left.

It's got a weird angle and her foot is cut off, but with a touch of editing, I still like it.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

Fortunate! very interesting candid-like shot. You might try to see if you can tone down the brightness on the chair that's dead center in the frame in order to draw the eye towards the woman. It might not work, but just a thought.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles01110 View Post
Fortunate! very interesting candid-like shot. You might try to see if you can tone down the brightness on the chair that's dead center in the frame in order to draw the eye towards the woman. It might not work, but just a thought.
Thanks for the comment. I noticed that too. The original is a 21mp file shot in portrait orientation. I cropped it to landscape and still had some mp to play with. It's just black above and below though, nothing work viewing.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

i could work on it for you if you would like Village Idiot

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwannabe View Post
i could work on it for you if you would like Village Idiot
No thanks. The image is actually open on my desktop right now. I'm going to get around to it later some time.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Phototini

Phototini will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU

Little bit of burning and you'll have yourself nice image. Love dramatic shots like this one.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

How the lighting setup was supposed to look:

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Phototini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
How the lighting setup was supposed to look:
What was the final crop going be on this image? The back of the chair is going to be a PIA due to that radiator behind it. Personally I am digging that "opps" shot more than this one. I know you are trying to get the dress in there but it just doesn't work for me like the dramatic low key does.
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

I like the candid version you posted better as well.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

That was just a test shot.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Phototini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
That was just a test shot.
Would you mind posting up the final version of this shot when you are done with it? I am just curious as to the final look you are going for.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Nikon Capture one pro -mac | I maek walpapper »