New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Getting a DSLR

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

Ok so my very good friend decided to go for a DSLR, basically it's narrowed down to the Canon EOS 40D and Nikon D90, so I was just wondering if you guys have any feedback or tips on which to get? I think both of these are very good cameras, but it's always good to get some input from people who use actually use them

tnx for any input

scathe
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

The 40D probably going to be the better of the two if you diresgard the video feature. That would be my only resoning to go with the D90.

But then again, they're not made to directly compete.

Some features:
Canon EOS 40D vs. Canon EOS 50D vs. Nikon D300 vs. Nikon D90 - Bob Atkins Photography

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

I was looking for a less expensive models but take a look at my thread canon or nikon I could not decide either but I got the canon after some research I found the canon to be a great fit for me. The lenses are a lil more costly though. So check out the thread I know a lot of my questions were answered there. It is only a few threads below this one

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

tnx for your replies Canon is winning, it is cheaper and the video is really unneeded, tnx for pointing that out
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

You said it in your original post- it's really hard to go wrong with either of them as an entry-level model. I went for the Canon a year and a half ago, but mainly because I could share lenses with a friend.
QUOTE Thanks
Fiasco

Fiasco will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 13.3" White 2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, SuperDrive Dual-Layer

I admit I am a bit biased as I own 2 of them, but I would also recommend a Nikon D200 as an entry level option. You can find those pretty cheap brand new now. Excellent camera.

MacBook 2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, SD-DL.
Camera: Nikon D200 / Sigma lenses 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 / EX 10-20mm 4-5.6 / EX 8mm 4 / 70-300mm 4-5.6 / Vivitar 285HV's
flickr Website
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Converting files | Object selection problem (Illustrator) »