New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Need your tips with this design please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ruler

Ruler is on a distinguished road

Hello all.
Well as I posted my last design here and got a few members who actually gave me a constructive feedback, therefore I decided to ask a question about my new work.

Lately I was asked to make the design for this site with deals with regents park serviced apartments, and I really don't know if its good enough.

As you can assume i'm not concidering myself as a professional designer and not even close, and this is why I'm asking for your help...

Every comment will be welcomed as always, Thanks!

Ruler
QUOTE Thanks
martyp

martyp is a jewel in the roughmartyp is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 15" Retina, iPhone 6 128Gb, iPad Air 2 128Gb, NEC PA322UHD

The green theme on that website hurts my eyes.

Layout is OK though. What exactly have you been asked to design? :S
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyp View Post
The green theme on that website hurts my eyes.

Layout is OK though. What exactly have you been asked to design? :S
completely agree, this sort of green is used on non-trusted websites anyway I too like the layout, simple and straight forward, should be easy to navigate

but do change the coloring, I understand the choice of green, but I would suggest going a much darker shade of green, maybe even grayish. Imo darker pastel green goes well with shades of gray as a second color and a white background

any chance of a hover color on the "short lets, serviced apt ..." navigation bar? or a side frame in a different color
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I have to agree with the previous posters about the green. From what I know of web design, a light colour on a dark background is easiest to read. Now, when I say light colour I don't mean bright yellow. Something subtle like an off-white. This would be the most pleasant for me.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

To beat the sound out of the drum... the colors...ick. I like the layout though. You could head on over to Adobe's Kuler or Colourlovers to find a more manageable color scheme.
QUOTE Thanks
macsonic

macsonic is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with the other members about the green color as it's too strong and loud. Avoid using "web safe colors" as this is no longer being practiced by designers. Try to tone down the green, maybe more subtle and cool. I know you mentioned you're not a designer, the layout can still be improve maybe a more web 2.0 look. Just google "web 2.0 web designs" and you will see lots of good designs. Thanks and hope you're having fun designing.
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Logo is horrible. Did they supply it? You could tidy it up and lose the drop shadow.

Re. layout, there's no hierachy of information. There are two headlines, slightly different sizes and a many different types of links. What are your primary, secondary and tertiary links?

Re. details, main type is too large, colours garish (as mentioned) and what are the weird stripes the top and the white teeth on the left?

You need to nail the brand of the company. There is no corporate identity there at the moment.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Object selection problem (Illustrator) | Photoshop CS - font problems »