New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

New to Mac - ? about Finder vs. iPhoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Miainca

Miainca is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone - I had a question about where to store my photos on my new iMac. I started by setting them up in Iphoto, but found it difficult to use, so I went and set up folders for all my years so I could locate them in the finder. Which is the best or easiest to use? I know there is a learning curve, but heck I find my PC MUCH easier to manuever! Also when I view my pictures in the finder using the viewer on one photo at a time, there are extremely pixelated. Why is this??? Is this due to the higher mp?? I am experiencing this with my photos taken with my D300. Anyways, any input would be great!

Look forward to reading and learning here

Thanks!!

Mia
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i'm also not a fan of iphoto - i prefer having direct access to the photos and not having to fight an app over them.

one thing you'll definitely want to get if you use the old standard of folder browsing for your photos is an app called xee - this is about as close as you'll get to the ol windows picture viewer and can do some minimal photo editing like rotating and cropping.

find it here: Xee

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
banshee

banshee is on a distinguished road

eric, I just tried Xee. It really looks nice and simple, but I have a problem with it. When I open a photo (jpeg), it displays it with less contrast than viewed with Preview or PS. Do you have the same observation? Maybe its some setting, any idea?
QUOTE Thanks
Miainca

Miainca is on a distinguished road

Thank you Eric for that information! I downloaded it
QUOTE Thanks
aj07

aj07 is on a distinguished road

is there anyone who would advocate for the Iphoto? and if so why?
usually if u upload on the finder and iphoto its just taking up space on the computer right?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

You may want to take a look at Picasa for Mac too.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photo Quality on Mac | Looking for real simple graphics program for the Macbook »