New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Which Digital camera?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

Hey,
Im trying to decide what digital camera to buy in the next few weeks!!!

I am on a limited budget after buying 2laptops (my primary one being iBook)

I have about $260 to spend. I was thinking of getting a sony on ebay.

But I am not sure.

open to suggestions!!

Thanks

:cool:
QUOTE Thanks
Jason

dcresource.com is a wonderful site for digicams Personally, if I were you, I'd go with a Canon A series for that budget.
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

yeah, i have a canon powershot A85, and it's great...it can even survive an 8 foot drop onto concrete as i unfortunately found out. it cost me $280 when i got it, but i've seen them on sale for $250 recently. or if you don't need 4 megapixels, the A75 only costs about $200, and is 3.2 megapixels.
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
kingcrowing2

I have a Nikon coolpix 5400, 5MP... $300, i dunno if you can find them anymore, i got mine with a $200 rebate ($500 original price) but its **** nice, i like it a lot!
QUOTE Thanks
MrChris

MrChris is a jewel in the roughMrChris is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac | iPhone 4

Hey,

I have just bought a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P73S Camera. Haven't got it yet (still in post) but from all the reviews on Amazon and the research i have done on it it looks like a pretty good camera for its money. its 4.1 Mega Pixels, 3X Optical Zoom, 2X Digital Zoom (& loads more stuff) and can even record video with sound! (cost me 129)

Here's the link to it if you are interested:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...891288-7650235

Regards,

Chris.
QUOTE Thanks
Echo_

stick with real camera companies, go with canon or nikon
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo_
agreed. :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
MrChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo_
& whats wrong with sony like? :eek:
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris
& whats wrong with sony like? :eek:
They say that the colours from sony cameras are not that close to mother natures and then their is the issue with the memory sticks, which are expensive because they are only made by sony (This may have changed by now if your lucky, I'm not sure). Sony tend to make products that only use Sony extras, this is a known Sony downside. :dive:
QUOTE Thanks
New2Macs

New2Macs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6

If I were you I would definitely go with Canon. I've always been a huge fan of Canon. I have a A series Camera 3.2 and it's great. The pictures come out really nice and crisp.

On a another note we had to a project for work Friday. This chic that was my partner used her Sony camera to take pictures. Quite honestly I was impressed. The pictures came out pretty **** clear.
QUOTE Thanks
Jason

Sony makes the optics for 90% of the cameras out there. They are a real camera company Sony, Canon and Leica are the major optics players (camera body aside).
QUOTE Thanks
MrChris

Thanks Sony supporters, I was worrying then thinking that i (a poor student) had just forked out 129 on a camera that was "crap".

Ill submit a little mini-review once i have used it for a while if it will help anyone?

Cheers,

Chris.
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

For the price, Canon seems like the way to go. If I had an unlimited amount of money I might get an EOS digital SLR, or a Fuji, or a Nikon.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
Garrett

I sold Cameras at Best Buy for a year, hated every minute I was in the store, but learned a lot. You def. want to stick with Canon or Nikon. Fuji is a good camera as well because of their octagonal pixels instead of the traditional rectangle pixels. You can pick up the Fuji A340 for $200 retail, probably $150 ish on eBay. Remember the camera is just the beginning, you still need an upgrade memory card, reason being, the memory card that comes with it is only good for 9-20 pictures at highest resolution. Depends on compression. Also, if you get a camera that uses AA's, get rechargable battries, or else in a time frame of a year, you have spent the price of the camera on battries.

--Garrett
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Copy and Paste images | Does photoshop need to be registered? »