New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photoshop crop reduced to a dot

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rsherid

rsherid is infamous around these parts
Mac Specs: 13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.

All of a sudden all of the images I crop are reduced to a spec, a dot, a blip on the screen. Why is this? I must've adjusted some size settings, but I don't know which ones.
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

try the "tool preferences" ... when you have the crop tool active, there is a width/height/resolution field in the top in the place where you can set the size of a brush/text font and stuff like that ... maybe you only have the size set to something like 1px
QUOTE Thanks
rsherid

Quote:
Originally Posted by scathe View Post
try the "tool preferences" ... when you have the crop tool active, there is a width/height/resolution field in the top in the place where you can set the size of a brush/text font and stuff like that ... maybe you only have the size set to something like 1px
Thanks! But now all my resized images are coming out extremely pixelated. For example:

How can I fix this?
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

how much did you resize it depending on the original image? it will happen when you blow up a very small image, then there's not much you can do

you could apply a sharpen filter of some kind or noise reduction, but once the image information is gone, all you can do is hide it somehow and make it look smoother or something
QUOTE Thanks
rsherid

Ok, thanks!

Second problem I'm suddenly having is this: using Text tool, background suddenly turns pink and I can't create any new layers. Upon exiting Text tool, the text turns into that "Moving Ants" Selection tool. Any idea what this may be?
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

you need to first finish your text layer before moving on, you can pres cmd+enter to finish with the text tool, so after typing your text you can then make new layers or move your text around, but you cant type and edit the layer at the same time

you can pres cmd+d to deselect everything that has a marquee around it (you can still move layers, that's not dependant on marquee selection)

edit:
you can actually make new layers while the text tool is active and you are typing, creating a new layer will finish the text layer

maybe you could specify on your problem?
QUOTE Thanks
rsherid

Is there just a way to return all PS settings to default?
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

press cmd+option+shift when you click on the ps.app icon, you will get a window asking to restore back to defaults
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerpoints copied to Mac don’t work | Can I use downloaded photoshop brushes in a book I'm going to publish? »