New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Can anyone fix this pic up?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gatrapper

gatrapper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo--2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Took this the other day. Can anyone photoshop all the powerlines and light poles out??

QUOTE Thanks
martyp

martyp is a jewel in the roughmartyp is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 15" Retina, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, 750GT. iPhone 5S 64Gb Gold

Two ticks and I'll get that done for you. Great photo by the way!
QUOTE Thanks
martyp

Mac Specs: MBP 15" Retina, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, 750GT. iPhone 5S 64Gb Gold

Hi,

See attached image. Light poles and power lines removed. Corrected the color too.

Hope that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01247.jpg (169.1 KB, 61 views)
QUOTE Thanks
J_K

J_K will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Mhz, added superdrive and 320gb HD

Lol.
What a great community!

I'd try making the background B&W and just leave the flag in colour.
But I have just been reading about masking layers and stuff..

First came a shuffle. Then an 8gb 3rd gen nano.
Next a macbook.
Then an Ipod Touch. And a Nikon D300. Not an Apple but gets used with the macbook
QUOTE Thanks
martyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K View Post
Lol.
What a great community!

I'd try making the background B&W and just leave the flag in colour.
But I have just been reading about masking layers and stuff..
Not a bad idea that.

See below for a black and white version - with the flag still in color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01247-BW.jpg (131.6 KB, 30 views)
QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

macwannabe is a jewel in the roughmacwannabe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

i think it looks better in all color... the flag is not vivid enough to stand alone.

just my 2 pennies

Click the logo to check out my site...

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
martyp

Know hat you mean, but the pic is way underexposed to brighten the flag up anymore.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyp View Post
Know hat you mean, but the pic is way underexposed to brighten the flag up anymore.
I wouldn't say that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg martyp.jpg (95.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg d3v1l80y.jpg (98.8 KB, 33 views)

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*

d-boy the flag looks blue lightened up that much... the person can choose whatever they want and see to be the best fit for them.. but i take graphic design in college at the moment and have a lil side business going but all in all it is just my opinion..

"learn the basics, learn the rules, and then learn how to break them creatively.." - Phototini
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwannabe View Post
d-boy the flag looks blue lightened up that much... the person can choose whatever they want and see to be the best fit for them.. but i take graphic design in college at the moment and have a lil side business going but all in all it is just my opinion..
No worries, I'm a graphic designer and always welcome opinion, however, I really didn't put any effort into this.
The heavy blue tint was already added as a result of martyp's color adjustment.
I was just working with what I had.
I wasn't going to go all out, start from scratch and edit this professionally.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
macwannabe

any job openings up there..

QUOTE Thanks
martyp

I just did a real quick color correction in curves and removed the power lines and lamp poles. The photo is only 640x480 too, so not the best for a great result.

I just wanted to make the sky more blue - hence the heavy blue cast. BTW, I'm a graphics designer too.

Krgds,

Marty
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CADintosh problem | Adding True Type Fonts »