New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

photo screen saver issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

katiering

katiering is on a distinguished road

I would like to show a screensaver of my photography. However, when I use a folder of photos from iphoto they keep coming out pixelated. Does anyone know of a screensaver maker that would keep my images looking sharp? Or of a way to make them look better through the iphoto folder screen saver? I have tried changing the resolution but I can't seem to find a resolution that doesn't shrink/stretch at least a little making the image not seem crisp. Thanks for your help!
QUOTE Thanks
dbnoise

dbnoise will become famous soon enough

Are your images large enough to fit your screen?
QUOTE Thanks
THeBadMonkey

THeBadMonkey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd

Have you still go t the orginal files? If so ty creating a folder for them on your harddrive amd then point the screen saver at that - see if that makes any difference.
QUOTE Thanks
katiering

katiering is on a distinguished road

Images are larger than the screen size and I have tried going through iphoto and through a folder directly on the hard drive. The problem is the screen saver automatically resizes them but I do not know what their target image size is! With large or small image I am getting distortion from the "auto-resize" even when "resize to fit screen" is unchecked.
QUOTE Thanks
keystoneugrs

keystoneugrs is on a distinguished road

I have a similar problem - some photos are great, others are very poor quality - and this isn't a reflection of original photo quality as they are all good...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« please help! | Would an external DVD writer be quicker »