New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Picasa for Mac (beta)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Anyone tried the beta? Thoughts? I am downloading it as we speak!
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

JGruber has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD

What.. there is a beta?!

Edit: Downloading now :-)
QUOTE Thanks
JGruber

JGruber has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD

Got it installed, and it works and feels the same as the PC version, which is good!

I like how it scan's your iPhoto Library! Makes things much easier.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough

Seems OK so far. Between this and finding Pulsar today for satellite radio it has been a great Mac software day for me!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

neat, i'll have to give it a go.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
MacRab

MacRab will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.16Ghz Intel Core Duo processor / 15" / 120Gb HD / SuperDrive / Express / Firewire / Tiger OS X

I don't know about this... it's in their terms

11. Content licence from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Finally !

Fantastic news, goodbye iPhoto, so long Picasa under crossover.....

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRab View Post

well, while creepy, it should only apply to the online portion of the tool - if you use picasa for your local library, you should be fine, i'd assume.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
well, while creepy, it should only apply to the online portion of the tool - if you use picasa for your local library, you should be fine, i'd assume.
If I actually read any terms I would probably live in a cardboard box with an aluminum foil hat.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

not a foam rubber cheese hat?

QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
not a foam rubber cheese hat?
I would wear that over the aluminum foil hat for extra protection indeed!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

or wrap the cheese hat in foil? so it looks like leftovers...

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRab View Post
Virtually every online image hosting/social networking service has a similarly worded section in their TOS.

If you don't want to deal with terms like that... then you have two choices.
You can either:
1. Host the images on your own site
or
2. Don't host images online

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
asty80

asty80 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" recyclable MacBook Pro - Go Green!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
There goes my iPhoto out the window
QUOTE Thanks
zarly

zarly is on a distinguished road

WOOT! I have been antici.....

... pating this day for a long time. When I switched over it was the only app that I missed, and tried so many things as a replacement, but none were as easy to use and as handy as Picasa. The web albums are great, but nothing compared to Picasa. I love the way it scans your computer for pics and then organizes them by date taken. I am happy. The editing tools are pretty good to, from what I can see so far.

edit to add, I tried iPhoto, and it looked good, but then when I started moving pictures around and stuff, little white boxes would appear in iPhoto where my pictures used to be, and there were duplicates and thumbnails... blech.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« a bit of captured sun | Why is my .jpg so distorted on Facebook? »