iPhoto Question.
    All . . . . Is there a way to set up iPhoto whereby you can have 'folders" behind each main event folder. in other words, I want to have one event folder called "Christmas", and then when I click into it there are multiple Christmas folders, i.e. Christmas 2005, Christmas 2006, Christmas 2007 behind it. In other words a Windows type of drop down approach so I don't have to have a folder for each Christmas year photos cluttering the main screen in iPhoto. Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
    Grant

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    It makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, it isn't possible. iPhoto comes up short if you have a large photo library.

One option is to create multiple libraries. You pick the library you want each time you start iPhoto. I have 3 libraries--1 for my work, 1 called Personal (family and friends), and 1 called Trips. By breaking down the number of photos in each library to something manageable, then you can get by with an Event for each "folder" all showing simultaneously.

Try holding down the Option key while you start iPhoto.

Or, for a little bit more of an interface, check out Fat Cat Software - iPhoto Library Manager. The free version works great.

Wonderful,,,,,thank you. So fat cat will give me what im looking for you think?

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
    It's an alternative to what you are looking for. If you can break your photo collection into three or four main categories, you should be able to manage with it.

Specs:
    2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
    The easiest thing to do is to create a new folder within the iPhoto app called "Christmas" (File>new folder). Then create a new album or smart album (you can select an entire event or selected photos within the event and choose to create a new album from selection, or you can create the album first, and drag specific photos into it) for each of 2005, 2006, etc. and put those albums in the Christmas folder. Expand and collapse the folder using the little arrow next to the name. Exactly what you are looking for, no hassles at all!
    Mary

Thread Information