New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Got wife new IMac24 for Xmas

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kbtarl

kbtarl is on a distinguished road

My wife is a professional photographer and her old pc was very outdated. We agreed it was time to make the switch to the big leagues so she got an IMac 24 for christmas. Is there any problem ordering an update to CS4 from pc CS3 and getting the Mac format?

Anyone know?

Glad I found the forum cuz I am a great pc guy but know nothing about macs...but guess with ya'lls help will learn!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You can cross grade the PC version to the Mac version of CS3, then get an upgrade to CS4 as normal, just contact Adobe

Quote:
Adobe will allow you to perform a cross-grade, or cross-platform upgrade, of your Adobe product, assuming it meets the upgrade qualifications and provided you send them a signed Letter of Software Destruction. The Letter of Destruction states that you agree to delete all copies of the product you are exchanging and also that you will not "sell, transfer, give away, donate, or otherwise distribute the exchanged Adobe product or copies to anyone else."

You will still need to pay the upgrade cost, and you will need to conduct the purchase via telephone by calling Adobe Sales at 1-800-833-6687 (see Adobe.com for international numbers). The Letter of Software Destruction may be faxed, e-mailed, or snail-mailed to Adobe.

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
kbtarl

Thanks for the reply. Let me see if I understand. I have to download the upgrade from cs3 to cs4 for pc. Then I have to call adobe and tell them I need to convert this cs4 upgrade to a mac format. They will send me a full version for mac after my signed agreedment is received? Is there a charge?

I just thought I could do an upgrade and put mac format in.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

no just give them a call, they will transfer your CS3 PC over to the mac version and arrange the upgrade to CS4 mac as well

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
kbtarl

Thanks for the reply!
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Good luck kbtarl!

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Español. Oui, je parle français. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« High-Quality Capture Cards | 10.5.6 problems ever since with jpgs »