New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Help please with aperture's photo editing capabilities

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

milk is white

milk is white is on a distinguished road

Well, I just got Aperture and was able to transfer all of my iPhoto library into it. Mostly, I was drawn to it by the fact that iPhoto was getting a tad sluggish, with my 4,000 photos, as well as the fact that Aperture has enhanced editing capabilities (even though, I know, it's no photoshop). I've been playing around with the software, and unfortunately it's not as clear as I thought it would be when it came to editing photos.

I somewhat miss the easy to use controls in iPhoto that looked like this:

But now I'm stuck with this in Aperture! I'm trying to force myself to get used to it, but I don't even know what any of these buttons (in the image below) do.

Can someone please explain to me what sliders/controls I'm supposed to use in Aperture, and what each one does? Oh, and is there a magical "enhance" button, like in iPhoto?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Check iTunes for "Aperture 2: Quick Tip" podcasts.

That's a good series that'll take you through the basics from opening Aperture and a brief instruction in the features.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Bluegrass

Bluegrass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display

You really need to learn this software to get the best from it. It's a great workflow management tool as well as an editing tool. The best book on this is Amazon.co.uk: Aperture 2 (Apple Pro Training): Ben Long, Richard Harrington, Orlando Luna: Books
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please help with changing icons for movies.. | cant remove flickr »