New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Photo recovery Software

Thread Closed

rongor

rongor is on a distinguished road

Anyone have any recommendations for software to recover photos from a damaged SD card?

Thanx

Ron
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 13in macbook - 10.9.5

You can try this: PhotoRec - CGSecurity
Haven't used it yet myself but heard good things about it.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
BBQ MacSteak

BBQ MacSteak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerPC G4 OS 10.2.8

I downloaded Photorec and tried launching the program, but it didn't open. And the file icon was just the blank page icon. Anybody know why this might happen?
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future

Looking at the download page, this is a .tar.bz2 file which "should" decompress with the built-in zip utility.
Did it do anything when you double clicked on it? If not, try using Unarchiver on it to decompress.

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
BBQ MacSteak

BBQ MacSteak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerPC G4 OS 10.2.8

The file "testdisk-6.11.3.darwin.tar.bz2" that was downloaded decompresses, but the resulting folder "testdisk-6.11.3" which contains the Photorec files does not show the files as application files. They show as generic document files. And when the Photorec file is double clicked, the error message "There is no default application specified to open the file Photorec" comes up. Any thoughts why this is happening?
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Your best bet for recovering any corrupted or erased files from any form of media is an App called Data Rescue II.

It's save my butt several times.

cradom

It seems PhotoRec is a command line tool. If you're not familiar with Terminal you might want to try something else (see above post).
Docs can be found here: PhotoRec Step By Step - CGSecurity

MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Need to resurrect this old thread because I'm trying to find a free (or very inexpensive) tool to recover deleted pics from my camera's memory stick (sony memory pro stick).
While on vacation this weekend I went to delete a photo and accidentally clicked on "delete all". Idiot! So, I'm in a bit of a predicament.

I'm currently looking at Card Rescue but don't know anything about the company or app and I want to avoid spending the $40 if I can. I doubt there's anything out there for free but wanted to at least take a shot at asking those who might know.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

My SanDisk SD card reader came with a data recovery software package. It was on minidisk so I had to use my windows machine to transfer the files to a USB drive for use on my Mac.

If you're like me you can always use another card reader, so it might be worth checking to see if some suppliers are still bundling data recovery software with their card readers.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
lee634

lee634 is on a distinguished road

I can assure you photorec (photorecovery) works well and i have a UI not command line,

Here's the link to the site

Thread Closed

« Icon folder problems | Blurry photos when burning CD from iPhoto »