New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

New problem with Aperture and Nikon NEF

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mjconn

mjconn is on a distinguished road

Is anyone else having a problem with Aperture 2 not allowing downloads of NEF (nikon's RAW) format images? I noticed it today, and it seems to have begun since downloading Apple's latest set of camera updates to Aperture.

Aperture will recognize the images on my cards (i've tried it with 2) but not allow me to download them to my managed library. It will not even give photo information (date, sample image names, etc.) when highlighting an image pre-download as it usually does. I was able to transfer them from my desktop to Aperture. And the program will download Jpegs fine.

I shoot a Nikon D80.
QUOTE Thanks
Del

Del has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ

No issues here with my D300's and D200
QUOTE Thanks
mjconn

darn! No one else out there having this problem? So begins my troubleshooting... I was hoping I would just need Apple to patch a mistake...
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

I had a problem the other day, but when i exited and went back in all was well. Note it was only a select few of my raw images not all of them which struck me weird.

20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram 320GB internal HD,
23 inch Cinema Display,
320GB G-Tech G-Drive, 500GB G-Tech G-Drive, 500GB WD My Book Studio Drive
QUOTE Thanks
imager152

imager152 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2grz 2g Ram

I have had a problem on a couple of files: the colors went funny. I went to the Applestore here in Glasgow(Scotland) It needeed an update in fact. now it is working fine.
QUOTE Thanks
mjconn

this sounds like a problem with the camera RAW update. here is a link to others with the issue

I followed the following directions and reinstalled only Camera Raw Update 2.2 (not 2.3) and my problems have stopped.
"The key is to remove the "RawCamera.bundle" folder from /System/Library/CoreServices and install the older 2.1 version."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PART TWO: Creativity with your shutter. | Caution symbol in Camera Raw »