New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

My photos are 'lost'

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Patsyann

Patsyann is on a distinguished road

I use an i-book 10.4.11. I'm completely unable to access my photos through i-photos or to import from my camera. When I the computer tries to access the programme (ie. the little 'wheel' spins forever) but without result.

I updated Adobe reader recently. Could this have affected my settings or something, do you think?

Trouble is, I'm not sure how to uninstall it to see if that will make a difference.

Any help gratefully received.

Patsyann
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsyann View Post
I use an i-book 10.4.11. I'm completely unable to access my photos through i-photos or to import from my camera. When I the computer tries to access the programme (ie. the little 'wheel' spins forever) but without result.

I updated Adobe reader recently. Could this have affected my settings or something, do you think?

Trouble is, I'm not sure how to uninstall it to see if that will make a difference.

Any help gratefully received.

Patsyann

Import from your camera... you mean you can't import the photos physically from your camera to your computer, or can't import them from the save location to iPhoto?

If you can't import from a location on your computer to iPhoto, follow these steps:

1.) Open Finder (the icon on the dock with two faces) and find the location.

2.) Open iPhoto.

3.) Drag the photos you wish to import from Finder to iPhoto.

4.) Label an event for these photos, or organize them as nessecary.

5.) Edit as desired, or do whatever you planned to do with the photos.

6.) Export to desired location.

7.) Repeat.

If you can't import from your camera to your computer, then here are some options:

Install your camera's software. By this, I mean, if it is, say, an EOS D-SLR, then install the Canon Utilities that probably came with your camera.

OR

Get a card reader for your type of memory card. If it is a CF (Compact Flash) memory card, then get a reader for that type. If you have many different types, for example, an SD for a point and shoot, CF for a DSLR, then get one compatible with both those, an all-in-one. These are very convenient.

If none of these work, then I suggest calling Apple, or bringing it into your Apple store.

Good Luck! :-)

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
m_shanak

m_shanak is on a distinguished road

Good Luck

I Bileve In You
kharas.net
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Flash conflicting with Flash | Photoshop Project »