New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

How to export Aperture 2.1 library into iphoto 08?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rukind2

rukind2 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 13" Air, 2 Ghz Intel Core i7, 500 SSD, 8G Ram

Until recently I was an iphoto 08 user with a 10,0000 image library and decided to try Aperture 2.1. I exported the iphoto 08 library into aperture. I'm overwhelmed by Aperture and want to return to the simplicity of iphoto. My aperture library sits on an external drive.

If someone has an opinion on a different program that I should consider in lieu of either Aperture or iPhoto 08 please advise.

Please help! Thanks!!!
QUOTE Thanks
rukind2

Actually, I want to move the entire iphoto library off the external drive and back onto my laptop so I can run iphoto and not have to attach the external drive.

So, I closed iphoto, went into finder, clicked iphoto library file on the external drive, and dragged it onto the iphoto folder in applications. This did not work.

Is there a simple way to do this?
QUOTE Thanks
matt1985

matt1985 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G

cant you just use
file --> 'add to library'
then select the photos of the external HDD?
QUOTE Thanks
rukind2

What I ended up doing is dragging the iphoto library from the external drive into the Pictures folder on the laptop. Then, as I opened iphoto I pressed the ALT key and selected the iphoto library. Everything worked fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Uploading Images onto an iPhone | Buy discounted CS3 »