New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

A shot in the dark.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

I did a short shoot the other night. I went with a friend to a set of ruins outside of town around dusk. About the time I got setup it was completely dark out. We were using cellphones to get focus and shooting in complete darkness. That and two of my flashes weren't cooperating. For all that though, I'm happy with the results here.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

It looks really staged...did you want it that way? I like how they came out it's just that the models gestures and facial expressions seem very unnatural.
QUOTE Thanks
CupCate18

CupCate18 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.16 MacBook

I like the look, but I agree as well on the second one looking very staged as far as facial expressions. Some chicks can hit pretty hard, and I know guys make worse faces than that when they are about to get a punch to the face.
QUOTE Thanks
m_shanak

m_shanak is on a distinguished road

good shoot

I Bileve In You
kharas.net
QUOTE Thanks
WonderMike

WonderMike is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac with 2GB of RAM

I really like the first one. The only thing that I may have changed and not sure if it was possible but put a small slave flash behind the model just to brighten that area up a small bit
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

I like the first one too. Homie in the second shot needs to go, or change his body language. The girl seems to take nice photos. She does have a look of anger in the second one. The first one makes me feel she has "OMG" in mind.

Lighting is good, I like the way the flash brings out a little goth look & feel.

Some of my own.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

The girl's profile in the second picture makes her look like Lois from Family Guy

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
The girl's profile in the second picture makes her look like Lois from Family Guy
I've had that same thought on more than one occasion.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
bigmof

bigmof is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!

The second one really looks unnatural. Look at his hands. The girl had no connection with the camera. The first one would have been perfect if she was looking at the camera. I watch way too much America's Next Top Model LOL

But since of that didn't have much to do with your photo skills I shall give you a 4/5.

QUOTE Thanks
Nihil

Nihil is on a distinguished road

i don't know about this kind of photos. i mean its very high quality, sharp, looks so professional but to me it just seems so plain and empty.
there is something missing

my opinion

QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Ambient light to see what my model was actually doing?

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Colour Matching iMac to Epson Stylus CX9300F | graphic packages »