New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Adobe CS4 release date?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hooyeah123

hooyeah123 is on a distinguished road

Anyone have a hint as to when Adobe will release CS4? I have the original CS suite and need to upgrade to open files I did at work, but don't want to plunk down the money and have a new version come out a month later.

If that does happen, (I upgrade and a new version is released shortly thereafter) would I get a free upgrade or a better price (than the regular upgrade price) on the CS4 upgrade?
QUOTE Thanks
Nicoya

Nicoya is on a distinguished road

Later this month Adobe will officially unveil CS4 and most likely release it soon after. My guess is sometime in October. That's just a guess though.
QUOTE Thanks
DrEwTiMe42o

DrEwTiMe42o is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM

my friend who is in the digital and movie editing field has already purchased a copy of CS4. Im not sure if he got some kind of insider cooperation chance to pick up this software, but he definitely just bought it earlier this week.
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

The Register quote it as being "next week".
QUOTE Thanks
dflint

dflint is on a distinguished road

what is the register?

tried to get an answer about free upgrades if I ordered CS3 today, but the rep was not very forthcoming. I think their policy is if you buy it two weeks before the announce it you are eligible for the free upgrade, but the answers I was getting were pretty vague
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

It is set to be unveiled on 9/23/08.

http://blogs.adobe.com/edtechatadobe..._on_adobe.html

Other than that, there is no other credible information available right now.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
HeroBiX

HeroBiX is on a distinguished road

hope it will be much better to run on mac with CS4

What does Intel do in a Mac?
A hole lot more then in a PC
QUOTE Thanks
dflint

dflint is on a distinguished road

didn't catch a release date from their promo... anyone have a clue?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflint View Post
didn't catch a release date from their promo...
That is because one has not been set.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« uploading home videos with firewire? | Best Mac for Graphic Design & Video Editing? »