New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

iPhoto: "Events".

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kirky29

kirky29 is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
This is my first post, so hello!

-- Right, I 'don't like' iPhoto much, my Mac isn't the fastest, so this maybe why..
But, my organizing system isn't working for me anymore.. Is there a way to create an Event in an Event? I.E. click on the event: Animals then go to another page: Dogs
Because iPhoto really beeps me off with this..
I have an iPhone right, and I take 30+ pics a day with it, pure random pictures of things from bottles to the car in front etc.

I just need some help organizing things!! How should I do it..
Mainly for my iPhone..

Thanks a lot,
Kirk
QUOTE Thanks
littleman23408

littleman23408 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you mean subcategories within an event?

Personally I dont use Iphoto, due to where all the photos get imported. So I just download them to their seperate folders in the "pictures" folder. That way I can customize it more to my liking. I do not have an iphone, so I don't know if it comes with a program to move the images into your "pictures" folder, without it directly downloading to Iphoto.

I also use photoshop alot so all my individual psd docs (logos, whatnot) just get dumped into the "pictures" folder.

Hope I was some help for ya.
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

In iPhoto, create a folder, maybe "animals". Then create an album for "cats" and one for "dogs". Put those albums in the Animals folder. Then just drag the photo to the correct album and your organizing is done. You could also create smart albums, keyword each photo and they will automatically be put in the correct album. Those albums can then be synced with your iPhone (at least they do to my iPod Touch). Easy.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
TiggerRPh

TiggerRPh is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I never really liked the prior version of iPhoto because I didn't like how they organized photos and how the User Interface worked. On the other hand, I really like iPhoto '08...they fixed everything I didn't like iPhoto '06 (or whatever it was).

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Updating classic files to Leopard | What program to use to sync a/v in slide show »