New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography Discussion of all things graphics.

Mac not reading card reader

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CouesFanatic

CouesFanatic will become famous soon enough

I have a old Finepix card reader for a camera memory card. I have no software but my Mac does not read that its plugged in. I downloaded the second download at this link:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig.../08/index.html

but its in some weird file and won't open. Any help?
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

I checked that site, and the file you've d'loaded is in compressed format and will require Stuffit Expander to open it. For some strange reason, sometimes older .sit files require an older version of Expander to open them. It you're using OS Tiger, you can use Expander v6 in the OS 9 Apps folder.

Most camera card readers are read by MacOS X without the need for extra software. Could it be that the old Fuji card reader is faulty?
QUOTE Thanks
CouesFanatic

CouesFanatic will become famous soon enough

I know the card reader is fine, I just used it on a pc. I am running leopard. I downloaded stuffit expander and now I have the files downloaded. I installed it but I don't know where it went. I'm not sure if this software works right on my mac.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Try a Spotlight search for 'Fuji' or 'DPC'. You may have a point about Leopard, because that software was for 10.2 - 10.4.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« nikon D200 and MB | Image Flow Software? »